- OUR STORY
- OUR SUPPLY CHAIN
- RETAIL STORES
- WHAT WE DO / WHAT WE DON’T
- TRIMAN RECYCLING LOGO
- CREATE AT HOME FAQ
- OUR STORY
Converse Privacy and Cookie Notice
Converse Inc. (a Delaware company with its headquarters at 160 North Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, United States of America) and Converse Netherlands B.V. (a Dutch company with Chamber of Commerce number 34186851 and its registered address at Colosseum 1, 1213NL Hilversum, the Netherlands) together with their European affiliates (Converse or We) are committed to protecting your personal data. For the purpose of this Converse Privacy and Cookie Notice (Privacy Notice), Personal Data is data which can identify you, directly or indirectly, either from that data or from that data combined with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, our possession; it includes data such as your name, your location or online identifiers.
This Privacy Notice sets out how Converse collects, uses, discloses, stores, combines, aligns, retains, disposes of, erases, adapts, disseminates or makes available (Processes) Personal Data:
- on our European Converse websites (our Websites);
- when you interact with our customer service centers or request information from us in any other way;
- when you attend Converse events or visit our owned retail stores; and
- when you publicly post about Converse or communicate directly with us via social media, third party apps and similar technologies.
- Personal Data We Process
We obtain Personal Data which you disclose to us, both in an online and offline context. We request Personal Data when you make purchases, create an account with us or sign up to receive news of special offers, events and product updates. The Personal Data We request from you includes your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, gender, billing and purchase data (including credit card data), your marketing preferences and your consumer preferences and habits. Please note that We also link Personal Data submitted by you on our Websites with other Personal Data about you that Converse may have obtained via other means, for example Personal Data collected during a visit to one of our stores, events or your interactions with social media, third party apps or other similar technologies.
We also may Process Personal Data related to a post you publish via social media, third party apps and similar technologies.
When you visit our Websites, We automatically collect the following information (including Personal Data):
- technical data, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- data about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our Websites also place cookies. Please see the Cookies section below for more details.
- The Purposes for Processing your Personal Data
We Process your Personal Data to carry out our obligations arising from a contractual relationship between you and us, including administering any orders that you have placed with us and processing payments.
In addition, We Process your Personal Data based on your consent and to pursue the legitimate interests of Converse.
We Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to register and manage your account(s) or membership with us;
- to run and help us co-ordinate promotional events;
- to respond to any queries or provide you with information, products or services that you request;
- to manage our accounts and records;
- to administer our Websites and help improve our products and services;
- to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent purchases, or abuses of our Websites; and
- to conduct research and analysis;
We Process your Personal Data to personalize your Website experience (as outlined in the Cookies section below) and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you or our consumers in general are most interested to learn about, including to provide you with tailored advertisements.
Where you have consented, We Process your Personal Data to send you email marketing communications on:
- product launches;
- special offers, sales and promotional information;
- in-store and other events; and
- Design Your Own.
- Who We Share Personal Data with
Converse does not sell your Personal Data. Only duly authorized persons within our organization will have access to your Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform their duties for the above-mentioned purposes.
However, We do share your Personal Data:
- with third party service providers (hosting providers, consumer services provider and marketing and campaign agencies), who Process your Personal Data to offer support services, information technology platforms and marketing services on our behalf. We require third party service providers by contract to process your Personal Data only as needed to preform services on our behalf and to implement appropriate data security measures to protect the data; and
- where you have consented, with our business partners who may contact you about their products / services that may interest you.
Furthermore, We will also disclose your Personal Data to trusted third parties,
- where this is necessary to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our Websites;
- where this is necessary in the context of legal proceedings (for example relating to the distribution of counterfeit or unauthorised products) and to take precautions against legal liability;
- in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event and/or to a potential or actual successor to us, where permitted by applicable law; and
- when otherwise required by applicable law or otherwise permitted by applicable law, to the extent compatible with this Privacy Notice.
If We would like to share your Personal Data with third parties, other than those described above, We will always obtain your consent.
- Transfer of Personal Data
As Converse is a global company, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally collected and may be shared both intra-group as well as with third parties located in other jurisdictions, including those that do not have similar data protection laws. All international transfers of Personal Data will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we implement appropriate safeguards for the transfer of your Personal Data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland in accordance with applicable law. Where Personal Data is transferred within Converse entities, we use an intragroup data transfer agreement.
Some of our global service providers are in the U.S. When we transfer Personal Data from the EEA to our global service providers, We ensure that all Personal Data transferred to service providers receives adequate protection in accordance with applicable data protection rules; this includes verifying that the service provider is bound by an appropriate data transfer agreement, has implemented binding corporate rules, or adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework.
- Your Rights
Data protection law gives rights to individuals in respect of the Personal Data that organisations hold about them. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may:
- request access to the Personal Data We maintain about you;
- request that We rectify or delete your Personal Data;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data;
- object at any time to the Processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing as well as other purposes where there is a compelling legitimate ground relating to your particular situation; and
- withdraw any given consent at any time .
Please note that if you withdraw certain consents, you may not be able to use all the functions of the Website or other websites or online services.
Where technically feasible, We will help you export the Personal Data we process based on a contract with you or your consent.
To exercise any applicable data protection rights, please contact us. Our contact details are set out in paragraph eight below. Converse reserves the right to request additional documents from you to enable us to verify your identity.
If you are not satisfied with our responses, you have the right to consult the supervisory authority in your country.
- Security and Retention
We take technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data and follow data retention practices in line with applicable law.
Personal Data will be retained for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice taking into account any legal limitation periods or records retention requirements.
- Social Platforms and Links to Other Sites
Our Websites contain social media plug-ins, including Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Facebook. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on our Websites will also be made available to those social platforms. Converse does not control these platforms and is not responsible for the Processing of Personal Data taking place on them or their respective privacy policies. Therefore, We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these social platforms before interacting with their plug-ins on our Websites. Please also read the Cookies section to find out more about social media cookies.
- Questions and Complaints
Please address any queries or complaints to: Converse’s Privacy Office or, if you are in the EEA, to Converse’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Please note that a number of stores that sell Converse products are not in fact run by Converse. We are therefore not responsible for how these stores may Process your Personal Data. If you have a query or complaint about how a store that is not run by Converse Processes your Personal Data, please contact that store directly.
In order to collect certain data described above, We use cookie technology on our Websites.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile phone or other device. You can set change your cookie preferences by visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of the webpage. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our Websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
- Strictly necessary and functional cookies
These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to improve the site’s functionality by tracking usage on the Website. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you’ve selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Advertising and Social Media cookies
Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond Websites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. For more information about this processing of personal data, check our Privacy Notice (above). De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with the social networks, including Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Facebook and not allowing you to effectively share content.
We place the following advertising cookies:
Effect of altering browser settings to reject cookie
This cookie allows us to identify you whilst you browse across our Websites. It delivers a unique identifier which We then attach to your email address if you provide it or when you click on a link provided in a promotional email. We use this data to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and to ensure that personalised advertisements are delivered to you.
If you reject these cookies through your browser settings, your activity will not be tracked as described.
We need to ask for your consent to set certain of the cookies described above. When you arrive on our Website a pop-up will appear asking for your consent to place cookies on your device. To get more information or amend your preferences, press the ‘more information’ button or visit "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of the webpage. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by re-visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of the webpage or by altering your browser settings. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
- OUR SUPPLY CHAIN
- RETAIL STORES
- WHAT WE DO / WHAT WE DON’T
- TRIMAN RECYCLING LOGO
- CREATE AT HOME FAQ